I’m back with a few things to share.
Life has been less than ideal, but I’m working my way back to being engaged in…well, anything and everything that isn’t depression.
- I honestly thought it was just me!
- I’ve binge-watched a few things recently, but the one that I enjoyed the most was Freaks & Geeks. I really wish there had been a second season, but I also like the way things ended. I guess what I really want is more episodes without it changing the way things wound up – it’s like a virtual chose your own adventure ending to me
- Another thing I’ve binged on lately is stand-up on Netflix; my fave has got to be Iliza Shlesinger: Confirmed Kills. It’s a great mix of intelligent comedy, pro-women commentary and stupid millennial bs. Look, it’s better than I make it sound – do yourself a solid and give it a watch
- Sometimes, when one is depressed, it’s good to learn something new. It starts the brain working in new ways, and distracts the mind from reductive thinking
- My friend Jase and I used to have conversations like this (back when we worked together and would have to close the store together). On some topics I was the Ross and sometimes I was the Phoebe, those were fun arguments. I don’t miss the job, but I do miss the time I used to get with my friends there.